Friday, June 10, 2011

Fun Facts For Friday

Thursday is cleaning day for us.  Most of the time I get a head start on Wednesday evening.  I just can't help myself.  If I can get a few more hours of no crumbs on the bottom of my feet in the kitchen I must indulge, ha!  But, lately I've been intentionally trying to involve my kids in the things I do on a daily basis.  So yesterday, I did most of the house on my own except I gave Areyna and Zeke their own assignments.  Areyna thrives when asked to "help", especially when organizing and cleaning are involved.  I don't know where she gets that from:)  Zeke, well...bless his little heart...if we can get him to remember his one assigned task until it gets completed we are doing pretty good:)

Areyna cleans the toilets and sinks/counters in both of the bathrooms.  Then she was in charge of going around her room and putting anything away that did not belong.  The last task, she vacuumed her bedroom all by herself.

While she diligently worked on her tasks at hand, Zeke and I worked on his task (notice this is singular).  I asked him to pull out all the crap toys, clothes, hardened pizza crusts and stuffed animals out from under the boys bunk beds.  After he FINALLY finished we vacuumed his room together.  It was fun.  I think I'll make this a regular routine.

When I posted the update about our garden this week, little did I know that little pumpkins were on the verge of appearing.  When I went out to water the bales yesterday evening Rainy and I were pleasantly surprised to find 3 little pumpkins beginning to take shape!  It will only be a matter of time before a handful more will be seen!  I think I like the whole transformation stage of this gardening thing more than the thought of actually being able to eat the stuff!  How amazing is it to think that just one little seed can turn into plants like these?!

I have been determined to keep on top of my couponing!  I had slacked off so much and our grocery budget (which had become no budget at all!) was really being affected.  It has really paid off!  I've stuck to Harris Teeter deals, Aldi and CVS.  If I venture out any more than that I end up spending way to much money, no matter how good the deals seem to be.  Just to put it in perspective, we still have 5 days left for this pay period and I currently have $12 remaining in our grocery budget to go and get fresh produce on sale!  This is huge ya'll...I usually run our of grocery money during the first week of our two-week period.

And just to put a fire under you coupon slackers like me, check out what I only paid $3 at CVS!
*DISCLAIMER-I DO still cloth diaper, but I hate making total strangers, who don't cloth diaper, change a poopy CD as they curse me under their breathe, even though sometimes I totally forget...sorry:)  So, I still get diaper deals, on occasion.  Actually this is only the 3rd time I've bought diapers since we started cloth diapering (it's been a year-and-a-half ya'll!)

We are off to play a college retreat in Maryland this weekend!  My kids are eagerly waiting as we pack up the car so they can go see their cousins:)

Happy Friday ya'll!

2 comments:

mom said...

One of the young women who took the last class at Equip is involved in ECHO, where her husband has a residency. ECHO is an agricultural training program for missionaries going to third world countries.

One day Anna's daughter, Claire, had just come from the hen house and brought Anna an egg. Claire said, "I'm going to plant this egg and it will grow into a beautiful chicken."

Not sure how eggs would do in your hay bales.

Susan Sene said...

I still buy disposables whenever they're a good deal and then sell them for what I paid so I can use that money towards more cloth diaper things (such as liners, pails, extra dipes). I LOVE CVS! :)