Friday, April 15, 2011

Fun Facts For Friday - Cousins and Arise Africa Weekend

1 - We have a BIG weekend planned this weekend.  First of all, my sister and her 3 kids are driving down from the DC area.  I couldn't be more excited to see them!  They've never been to our humble abode here in Rolesville.  I've been in clean-up mode for the past two days making sure everything is perfect for their arrival.

2 - My sister will be leaving for a getaway with her hubby on Sunday morning.  That means that she's leaving her 3 kids here with us!  I am SO excited.  I know her oldest is a little leery that he's going to be stuck playing with tricycles and baby dolls, ha, but it's going to be a super fun week:)

3 - I am also excited about church this weekend.  I'm always excited about going to our church, but I'm especially excited about this particular weekend.  This weekend we are raising $50,000 for our orphanage in Uganda!  Every penny given this Sunday is going toward this goal to finish building the schools and dormitories to house at least 250 more orphans.  I love our church's heart for the world, local and abroad!  If you feel lead to donate toward our goal you can go HERE.  You can be a part of hope for the hopeless.

Josh and I with the Wanamitsa family in October during our trip to Uganda
4 - As if things couldn't get any more exciting, Godfrey Wanamitsa and his wife Mama Joy, the director of Arise Africa International, who started this orphanage, will be joining us.  We have a long history with this man and his beautiful wife!  You can read about the summer Josh spent with them and their children in Jinja before we got married HERE.  It is a beautiful testimony. 

5 - Godfrey is a prophet, well, not really, but he did have some very wise words to share with us while we were in Uganda last fall.  He even put them to song so we can remember them.  A man after Josh's own heart:)  Enjoy!

No comments: