Saturday, November 27, 2010

Black Friday and New Thanksmas

It was Wednesday morning and I had several errands to run before heading up north for "New Thanksmas".  I decided to get all my deals together because Tasha + Black Friday + Way Too Many People + Long Lines All Alone = Well, it doesn't equal anything, because it just doesn't exist, ha!

But, I did decide that I have GOT to get back into the CVS game.  This decision was made after I actually had to pay for my last tube of toothpaste.  I know *gasp*...  I haven't had to do that in 3 years!  Anyway, I got my load of ECB's (I only had 3 left ya'll!) and headed out to get my pre-black-friday deals.  I scored HUGE!  I also got an amazing deal at Kroger.  I finished up my errands getting almost $100 worth of stuff from CVS and Kroger and only spending $11!  What?!  It feels so good to be back in the game.  Now, let's see if I can keep this up.

I got home and we packed up the car.

My side of the family met this year to celebrate Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year all smooshed into one big holiday - "New Thanksmas".  We squeezed a year's worth of tradition into 2 days.  It was short and sweet, but man, oh so fun!

I'll be sharing more about our time with my family because I KNOW you all are dying to see String Party Pictures!
_______________________________________

So, even though I don't venture out into the world the day after Holidays, I L.O.V.E. to hear about all the deals that everyone else gets!  It's way more exciting for me than waking up at the butt-crack of dawn, or camping in a parking lot, or whatever else you crazy people do, ha!

So, let me know how your Thanksgiving was (because I missed you all, although I did enjoy the short blogging hiatus) and if you went out and scored big...on Christmas Presents, silly, this is a G-rated blog;)

Soooo, share...ready...GO!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got a couple of shirts and several pairs of boxers for Kyle for $16 from Old Navy! :-D

I don't do door-busters, but I do go shopping after everyone else leaves. It's much more enjoyable. I shopped from 10-7 and I didn't stand in a long line all day.

Stacey said...

I went shopping on Black Friday! It's more about family time than the deals really. Obsurd, I know but I spend the day with my sister and mother in love and their cousins! We laugh, laugh, laugh! And I got some excellent deals on movies for the kids, since we don't do cable tv. Just an occasional evening movie for the family. You can't beat $1.96 and $5!

I've been couponing as well. Just started about two months ago and am loving the next to nothing deals but never free toothpaste. So spill it! What's the secret?

I have gotten $.33 dish detergent and have been able to stock up on toothpaste that cost me around $.50but I'm most excited about cheese crackers that I got for only $.64 a box! I'm stocking up on lots of stuff that will last for months and even up to a year! And what's better is that if someone has a need, I have it on hand! =)

The Via Colony said...

Oh, Stacey, if you haven't heard of the CVS game you have GOT to get started! Let me know if you don't know what I'm talking about and I'll fill you in.

I'm talking shaving needs, hair care, make-up, feminine needs, oral care...you name it, for only pennies!

It has been a life saver:)

Stacey said...

OK. I shop there but I'm not in the game. Clue me in.