Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A Little Bit Of Cleavage And Some Hair On The Chest

This conversation took place between 4:35pm - 4:40pm while I'm taking a shower (listen...let's focus more on the fact that I actually got a shower instead of the time the shower took place):
Areyna: "Mom, Zeke really got hurt!"
Me: "What happened?"
Areyna: "He fell and hurt his chest!"
Me: "Is daddy with him?"
Areyna: "Yeah, but he's still crying.  But daddy said it was okay because it would put hair on his chest."
Me:  (giggling)"Really...is that good or bad?"
Areyna:  "I don't think it's very good..."

This conversation took place between 4:55pm-4:59pm after taking my shower:
Me:  "Zeke, buddy, why in the world are you still crying?  You are going to be fine.  I don't even see a mark."
Zeke:  "But daddy said I was going to get chest hair like him.  I don't WANT CHEST HAIR!!!!" (as the tears and sobbing continue)

HAHAHA!!!

When I was growing up my family always had this thing we used to say:
"Oh, stop fussin' about it.  It'll put hair on your chest."

I guess since the first two of my parent's children were of the female gender that didn't go over so well because eventually it turned into:
"Don't worry about it.  It'll give you cleavage."

I'm sure the first time Josh heard this he was wondering what in the world we were talking about, but it didn't take too long to rub off on him, seeing as he is telling our children the exact same thing:)

PS-I don't know about you other ladies, but no matter how hard I tried this, "It'll give you cleavage", thing, it has really been a let down, ha!

4 comments:

Katelyn said...

HA! This REALLY made me laugh because when I was little I asked my mom what "those" where (breasts) and she said, "some day you'll get them." I screamed "NO, I don't want them, I want to stay flat as a man!" ..... I think I put a curse on myself! hehehe :)

mom said...

Maybe Zeke's thing is a continuation of his comment, "I don't want to get old." He stuck to it even when I told him, "When you get old you get to be the boss."

Christina said...

Hahaha!! Tasha, I adore your blog! You always have something neat to talk about!

Jennifer Hambrick said...

Ha! My Grampa always told us "it'll put hair on your toes"...so, this was a different take =)

With you on the cleavage thing. Quite disappointed there.