Friday, October 8, 2010

I'm Going To Prison

Wow! Yesterday was an incredible day.  I was able to speak with the women about submitting to the Ultimate authority in love and then brought connected it with the Fruit Of The Spirit and living lives that portray these characteristics.  They seemed very receptive.

After I spoke I got to spend time encouraging one of the local interpreters from the village and she took me to her home and I met her family.  She has a very sad story and she was very discouraged.  It was such a blessing to be able encourage her just by being with her, listening to her story and allowing her to cry while she held her sick baby.  They have so little but they trust so big!

We are about to venture out into another day of ministry.  While the rest of the team goes to a new village Josh and I are headed to minister to a couple of local prisons and share the gospel.

Thank you so much for your prayers.  Continue to pray for confidence in sharing the gospel as we rely on the Holy Spirit to work through us.  The team is really beginning to gel as we get to know each other.  I mean, when you share a moment such as peeing in the bush with a bunch of pigs how can you not, ha!

Have I mentioned how tempted I have been to bring a dozen black babies little black baby home?

1 comment:

Maher Family said...

Wow, what a great ministry and purposeful life you are fulfilling! My son Matt is in a state prison in NJ and from the stories he shares with us (we post his blogs @ www.themattmaherstory.com), we know that prison inmates could definitely use refreshing children of Christ to speak to them and enlighten them. Which prison will you be going to? Please share how you experience is!! We will be praying for you <3