Friday, July 30, 2010

Fun Facts For Friday

1 - This is exactly how we are all feeling. We got back from our last beach retreat yesterday after 4pm and then had rehearsal for this weekend at 6:30. We are all pooped! I think we've had enough Myrtle Beach for one summer. We can't let down yet, though. We have a full weekend ahead of us and then Josh is going head-strong at Journey's new space to get it ready. We'll be in our new building in about a week!!!

2 - Did you figure out what my "Story In Pictures" was? A couple of minutes after tucking him in to bed one night Zeke cracked the door open and threw his bubby in the hallway, saying that he "didn't want bubby to tempt me to suck my thumb". Totally unprompted! Areyna stuck bear out their too, but shortly came and retrieved him, with tears in her eyes, saying she just couldn't do it. Anyway, when Zeke got up, his fingers had NO prunage and they were completely dry! So, at 8:34am we had an ice cream celebration in honor of his first night with no thumb. Areyna was feeling pretty sad that she didn't have the same accomplishment so Zeke shared with her:)
3 - The day Zeke woke up with un-prunaged thumbs we had to go to the mall they asked if they could have a big bubble gum ball. I had a GREAT idea! I told them they could pick out ANY gum ball they wanted to, but they had to go three nights without sucking their thumb to obtain their prize! Zeke didn't make it, but bear spent the next three nights in the hallway (and cuddled up with Meme and Poppie) and she didn't suck her thumb. She's been smacking that gum all day today! We're not making a big deal out of it, but if they choose to try super hard and succeed they get to check off another box on their "No Thumb Gum Chart" to try for another prize.

4 - I'm reading David Platt's, "Radical". I'm speechless. Each word is leaving me with a tightness in my chest and an ache in my heart. If you have read, or are reading, that book you know exactly what I'm talking about. If you haven't...you need to!

5 - Meme got Zeke a new costume. He loves it so much that he has been known to sleep in it on occasion. The kids at the camp were making over how cute he was all week! He was pretty cute, if I do say so myself:)

Happy Friday Ya'll!

3 comments:

Maher Family said...

Your children are precious. I miss the time when my kids were that age. I love the blog!!!

Jennifer Hambrick said...

that picture of the three of them asleep is too cute. one for the memory books!!!

Katy said...

I must read this book! Thanks for the recommendation!