Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Vow Of Operatic Sentencing

Josh left this morning for a conference in VA, leaving me with quite a cacophony of sound. Zeke was banging, er, drumming, very loudly as to drown out Micaiah's cries to be constantly held, yes, he is at it again, while Areyna whined for me to cuddle with her.

Don't get me wrong, I really do love to cuddle, but why is it that she only wants to cuddle (and you better believe that it is only on her terms) when I am cooking dinner, when I've told them it's bedtime, when I need to tend to Micaiah or when it's time to walk out the door?

Observation noted...moving on...

Back to the joyful sounds of the morning.

I knew it was going to be "one of those days" from the beginning but I was determined, through prayer and petition, not to let it take my joy today! I know, totally unlike me;) I told you I'm a work in progress.

Yes, Micaiah was still fussing and the kids were still at each other. We are still adjusting after such a long weekend, but I found something that at least took the edge off, and NO it doesn't come in a clear bottle, ha!

While I was fixing lunch I began singing very loudly in an operatic voice in order to be heard over Micaiah's plea for_______? I'm still trying to figure out what exactly he is trying to tell me. Amazingly he stopped fussing, looked over at me and smiled! A lull in the crying and a smile?! I was speechless.

I just kept communicating through crazy opera singing and the kids began singing along in their responses back to me and to each other. It was quite comical, but we were able to enjoy a lunch full of laughing and smiles instead of fussing and frustration.

Some people take a vow of silence, but as for me, for the remainder of the day I am taking a vow of operatic sentencing and communicating ONLY through loud opera singing!

So, unless you want to get an earful don't call me today, k?

1 comment:

the broomes said...

That's great, Tasha! ...I'll have to try that one!