Sunday, May 23, 2010

2 Out Of 3 Isn't Bad

Dear God,
Soften my children's hearts, even now as they sleep. Allow them to wake up peacefully and with happy hearts. Please help Zeke to "not freak out" when I tell him to get dressed for church....
In Your Name I pray,
Amen

That's the short version of the little prayer I prayed before I opened the door and climbed in bed with Zeke. He sleepily sat up and said, "Mommy, I will wear the clothes that you picked out for me right now."

Wait...did I just hear that correctly?!

Then, Areyna leaned over the top bunk and cheerfully said, "Good morning Mommy!"

Who are these children and what have you done with my little boy with the Sunday morning, I'm-going-to-scream-and-throw-a-fit-because-I-want-to-wear-Spiderman-or-Superman-to-church-NOT-the-super-cute-outfit-you-picked-out-for-me-even-though-you-have-been-preparing-me-for-this-moment-since-last-Sunday-morning, fits. And where is my daughter who is VERY grumpy when she has to be woken at the butt-crack of dawn?

You better believe that I told the kids about my little prayer and that I believed God was helping them wake up with happy hearts this morning.

In my excitement of getting to church with a fully dressed Super Hero in disguise...

You can take his costume away,
but you can't take his "moves" away!
He even picked out a tie to wear:)

...I TOTALLY FORGOT SOMETHING!

Here's Cai's outfit for church!
I had them all laid out but forgot to put them in my bag.

Yup, they are jammies.
Nope, not cute ones, just a T-shirt.
Yup, they are Zeke's...because YES
I need to do laundry!

Hey, 2 out of 3 kids in real clothes isn't bad.

4 comments:

the burchard bunch said...

hey girl:) Don't knock the Ridge shirt! They make the best jammies:) lol

The Via Colony said...

Hey, we LOVE those Ridge shirts!!!! Just not for a cute church outfit, ha!

Kelly Via said...

HA! Tasha, I wondered about Cai's outfit, but never asked. I figured it had a story!! Zeke and Rainy looked very nice today, and Cai...he looked comfy ;) and super cute too!

Rita said...

Ha! I wore KYLE'S pj pants to small group a few weeks ago. Sometimes it's just about the comfort.

Also, Cai has a necklace like Ivalee!! Is it helping him?