Friday, April 9, 2010

The Pollen Bowl


The pollen count has literally been off the charts the past couple of weeks here. (Believe me, I know...I "follow" WRAL Weather on twitter. Don't make fun!) Our allergies have confirmed this report!

Well, you KNOW I'm a window girl, but this window girl has been forced to close up shop in order to maintain quality air control for my family. The thing is, you'd hardly be able to tell. Somehow, the pollen continues to make its way into our home, leaving yellow/green traces all over the furniture and pollen footprints on the floors. I can't tell you how many times I've vacuumed and dusted this week. Every time the we open the door to go outside the lurking pollen sneaks in.

Zeke has appropriately deemed the pollen as "ewwww, poison!" I tend to agree with him the way it's wreaked havoc on our immune systems but alas, we had a breakthrough last night. Praise The Lord for rain! The color scheme on my front porch is no longer yellow.

4 comments:

mel said...

"poison". Hah. It's been bad around our area too. And yes, thank God for some rain!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

K said...

I just posted about our week of indoor fun to stay away from all the pollen. I linked to your post, too. It really does creep inside.

Holly said...

I was just telling friends here that the pollen in TX is nothing compared to NC. I remember it being out of control especially on the campus of SEBTS!

alexis nicole said...

I have NEVER seen anything quite like this!