Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Lessons From The Gardener #1

Ok. So I decided that I'd start another series on this blog for all my gardening friends out there seeing as now I am an expert in this area. (Note the sarcasm, ha!) I figure that others of you out there may gleam some wisdom from my gardening experience, so pay very close attention. (In the least you may learn what NOT to do)

LESSON #1 - This lesson is solely for the critters in my yard...
DON'T MESS WITH MY GARDEN!

I've already learned my first lesson in gardening. Kill the critters (or just buy something to get the critters out of my garden)!

I got up one morning last week and found one of my strawberry plants chewed down to the ground. Then, the next morning I woke up and the other one was gone. ...Nice...

So, I heeded my friend, Ashley's, advice and went to Lowe's and purchased some Critter Ridder. It stinks...but works like a charm.

LESSON LEARNED: Be proactive. Don't wait until your garden has become some other critter's dinner!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I feel your pain! A couple years ago I went out to my garden to find a deer had eaten almost every leaf off my sweet potato vine. And munched on other people's tomatoes and okra! :P My garden for this year is half-planted... YAY! :)

The Via Colony said...

what does half-planted mean? and do you have any other suggestions for critters eating the crop?