Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Reality Is Setting In

Well, after another weekend in our soon-to-be home city and spending Sunday afternoon driving around looking for houses, the reality of this move is beginning to set in.

If you hadn't heard, last week our house went under contract!  It was only on the market for a little over a month and in this economy we are MORE than thrilled with the outcome.  Praise the Lord!  We are just waiting for the inspection to go through and we should be home free.  It looks like we'll be in Raleigh before the close of October!

Wow, it's all happening so quickly!  I'm beginning to think about the people we'll miss, the friendships we've made, the yard we'll no longer have, the house we're about to sell, the different stores I'll have to learn to navigate with the coupon world=), moving with 3 kids...wow, a lot of changes.  I'm so excited at the same time.  So many emotions at one time.

So now we are concentrating on finding a place to live.  It has been fun to look at different houses.  I must admit that I get a little obsessed with the ones I like and it's all I can think about until it is no longer an option, for some reason or another.  I start imaging where our bed will be and where to put a couch and a good place for a Christmas tree.  Come on, you know you do it too;)  You HAVE to have a good place for a Christmas tree!

So, it's really happening!  And SOON!

Lord, I give all my anxieties to you.  Give us wisdom as we seek your will and a peace in our hearts during this unstable, yet exciting time.

2 comments:

Holly said...

We loved our rent house in Raleigh. Smooth and Kelly could tell you where it was located. I think some have fenced in back yards which would be key:)

Parkison Family said...

You should come out here where we are in Franklin County. Just north of Wake FOrest...homes are much cheaper and just as nice! We are in Youngsville. Welcome neighbor!