Monday, August 3, 2009

Just To Keep Life Interesting


Well, I tried not to let the whole blogosphere know that we were away from home on family vacation all last week.  Yes a week before my due date and NO, there is NO baby yet=)

We drove up to Smith Mountain Lake in VA last Saturday for the annual Via vacation.  It was a good diversion from the growing anticipation of Micaiah's arrival.  My doctor was a little hesitant to let me travel 3 1/2 hours away but knowing that I could hop in the car at any sign of labor, and knowing my track record with late and slow deliveries, he gave me the green light.  We ALL had a GREAT time.  I'll be posting pictures (I did get a couple) this week so stay tuned.

We made it home close to midnight on Thursday night so I could make it to my Friday morning appointment.  I can't help but always get excited to see the "progress" from week to week, but disappointment overtook me as we left the appointment with NO FURTHER PROGRESS in over a week...and not another appointment scheduled until 5 days after my due date!  Oh the agony of waiting=)

Josh was scheduled to play at a church in Raleigh, NC yesterday and we had just planned on me staying home in case labor came on but he talked me into one last road trip=)  I joined him for yet another 3 1/2 trip in the car 3 days before the due date.  We might as well keep it interesting...and keep me occupied as I grow more and more antsy.

Today is another day in the studio to hopefully finish up some vocals and violin tracking on "All That Glitters" and then my mom flies in tonight to help with the kids while we wait together, so that will be a nice diversion.

I can't help but be reminded of God's grace and love as we wait on His perfect timing for this child He has already blessed us with.  I'll keep ya'll posted=)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwwww. GRACE. I want some please.

Anonymous said...

:siiiigh: I'm not even that close to my due date yet, and I'm already soooo antsy!! Good for you, having things to do that will distract you. Hopefully I'll be able to fill up my days as well. Now that the nursery is finished, I feel like, "Hmmm ... what else do I need to do??? Nothing? Ok. I'll just sit here, then!" :-D

MeMe and Poppee said...

Zeke has been pretend fishing and swimming all day today. Right now he has his floaters on and Rainy has her bathing suit on. The screened in porch has been the swimming pool this morning. Maybe MeMe and Poppee should get the swimming pool out. What do you think!!!! Pretending can go only so far!!

Ashley said...

Praying for a healthy, safe, smooth delivery whenever it comes.

Tiffany said...

I feel your pain girl... Lily has been here 1 month so far but she was 9 LONG days overdue! Praying it doesn't happen to you! Good idea to take a few trips to get your mind off it:)

Kelly Via said...

Come out and play Micaiah!!