Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Flying Solo

I had my first experience with the kids by myself on Saturday.  Josh had a gig at Limestone College all day so I was on my own with all 3 of the kiddos.  It went fairly well for my first attempt=)  The whole day went pretty smoothly until the bedtime routine began.  We already have quite the routine but it was also bath night (that means church the next day;) and Micaiah was due to eat at 7:30pm, right smack dab in the middle of it all.  

Josh said he would have paid to watch me juggle all that;)  He pictured me feeding Cai while washing Zeke's hair in the bathtub all at once.  Although I'm sure it can be done I was not brave enough to try that one yet.  Luckily, Cai is a GREAT baby and can hold off pretty well.  I got the kids bathed and dressed and all ready for bed then I stuck them in an "extended" book time so I could feed Cai=)  I told them it was going to be a little crazy for mommy to get used to having 3 kids to take care of at one time so "please be patient with mommy".

Of course Cai decided to take his time eating his dinner.  The kids had such a long book time that they got to read ALL their library books and then some.  After a while Areyna came in and asked "What's next?"  They obeyed well as I instructed them from my "feeding throne" on the last minute stuff that needed to be done in order to get them in bed.

So, I still have a lot to learn but I'm working on it.  I still think it's the easiest transition out of all 3 of the kids.  We'll see how a whole weekend goes when Josh leaves for a youth retreat later on this month.

4 comments:

mel said...

Holy cow, my Arwen takes FOREVER to eat!! Sheesh. It drives me nuts sometimes, but I remind myself that the longer she takes the more time it's just Mommy and Baby! :)

Emily Jennings said...

Great job!!! You'll have it down in NO time!

Kelly Via said...

Tasha! Sounds like you handled being alone very well. Sounds like it was a pretty sweet juggling act by an awesome mom!

Jennifer Hambrick said...

Way to go girl! I had no doubts though =)