Thursday, June 18, 2009

Baby Room Makeover

The Completed Baby Room
/Guest Room/Misc. Office-Stuff Room

Josh and I had a bet going on a few weeks ago and of course I won!  So, tonight he fulfilled his deed...he cleaned out the closet of death!!!  This would be the closet that we put ALL of our music stuff in, including merchandise.  Josh has also stored ALL of his school notes and papers in there from college and seminary, along with notebooks FULL of years of old songs and chord charts that he has written.  Man, what a good feeling!

So, with a clean and organized closet and a little decorating project which I accomplished today, the baby room is DONE!

My friend Joy had a GREAT idea about covering cork board with cloth.
I decided it was a cheap, cute way to decorate the room.  Here's the baby bed too=)
Close-up...I don't know if I like the pictures on the squares or not.
The dresser we snagged at Ross

There you have it.  We are officially done getting "the nameless one's" room ready!  That's right...STILL no name.  As soon as we think we have it, we realize we DON'T.  I'll blame it all on Josh when we have to call and add him to our insurance simply as Baby #3 Via=)

8 comments:

mel said...

We didn't have a name for a girl until the morning before she was born! Don't feel bad; it was a much harder decision than either of us thought it would be. I mean, it is only the rest of their lives! :)

I think the room looks great. The corkboard idea is great! I've been trying to think of what I could cover with some extra fabric pieces I have and that's perfect!!

Rhonda said...

You are getting so close! How exciting. The room looks great and I am sure it's a relief to have that done. The corkboard idea is really cute too. How fun!
They look like the pricey art at Target ;)

Anonymous said...

The room looks wonderful and you are so far ahead of me - we have all the stuff but we haven't set it up yet at all.

The Via Colony said...

We had to get it done though since we'll only be home for less than 3 weeks before the actual due date. That's the only reason I've jumped on it=)

Joy@WDDCH said...

YAY! Yours look great! I'm going to put a letter on each of the cork boards to spell out Z O E above her crib. I already have my cork boards covered, too, but waiting for the letters to arrive before I show!

LOVE the pictures on yours!

Kelly Via said...

Awe, Tash!! Way to go, girl! I should have known that you would complete your room before me...and your due date is a month after me :) Hey, but ours is well on its way...just need to get a few things on the wall...

Looks awesome Tash!! Baby #3 will love it!!

Stephen and Tara said...

How exciting! Good job getting the room ready:)

Jennifer Hambrick said...

It looks great! You guys did a great job!

I'm curious...what was your bet? =)