Thursday, April 16, 2009

See, What I Had Meant To Say Was...

Josh and I were on a date a while back when I realized we were out of pull-ups for Zeke.  (He still needs them at night-time)  So, we made a stop at Wal-mart to pick up some cheap pull-ups.  I mean doesn't everybody spend a romantic evening with their man searching for cheap pull-ups at the local Wal-mart?!

Anyway, as we were walking down one of the isles we ran into someone we knew but hadn't seen in a while.  He took a double take when he saw me and said, "Wow, you're really getting out there...(pause)...uh, close to your due date." (followed by an awkward smile)  

After he left we completely busted out laughing!!!  I could tell he felt so bad and was trying to quickly recover from the first half of his statement.  Poor guy.  Good thing I'm not too easily offended by pregnancy comments=)  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should call this "What Not to Say Part 4" and add it to the list I'm making with my sister-in-law on our blogs of all the silly things people say.

Her MALE Sunday School teacher told her on Sunday that she was "developing nicely". HAHAHA!

Ashley said...

Here's another one for the list - staring at a pregnant woman's belly with google eyes and mouth wide open saying, "Good day!!" Yeah, that's one of the many "compliments" I got while expecting Trey.

mel said...

More than a couple people asked me several times early in my pregnancy if we were sure I wasn't carrying twins!! I just laughed it off and went on about my business. As I got much later in the pregnancy they said I looked 'normal' (hah!). I guess I gained more weight in the beginning or just looked really silly with a huge basketball sticking out in front of me! :)