Thursday, April 9, 2009

Cleaning With Purpose - Holy Week

Today we have had an all day family cleaning day.  Well, I did most of the work, but the WHOLE house is clean=)  (Josh was working but did take a break to do a little cleaning and cleaned out the fire place!)  We did this last year and the kids really enjoyed it, plus I'm never one miss the chance to do a little cleaning with some "help".  The kids cleaned in spurts as they helped me scrub windows, sweep the floor, and help daddy clean the fireplace.  We prepped the kids yesterday for the day we'd be having today for Holy Week and Areyna was already asking about it this morning at breakfast so we dove right in.

This day signifies the preparation and anticipation for Christ's Resurrection.  The cleaning itself represents the outward example of how we should have the desire to have clean hands and a pure heart before our Lord.

Areyna asked why the house gets dirty again right after we clean it (I've often wondered that myself!), that lead right into an example of how we constantly have to work at "cleaning" our hearts before the Lord.

Here are some pictures of the day=)




Now, I'm off to go make sure I've got my part down for a song we're doing for Easter at our church.  I often wonder how I get stuck learning a WHOLE ORCHESTRA part with just my ONE violin!=)  It's gonna be awesome!

You won't want to miss it:
Southbrook Church Weddington Campus - 7am, 8:30am, 10am and 11:30am - This Sunday morning


2 comments:

Jennifer Hambrick said...

Today was our "cleaning day" for Holy week too! What a fun day for us, huh =)

Anonymous said...

I'm convinced that you can do anything when it comes to playing that violin of yours! You are such an awesome mom!