Thursday, March 5, 2009

Obsessed




I just finished up Crazy Love by Francis Chan this week.  What a GREAT book.  It has definitely opened my eyes and convicted me to change some things in my own life.  Here is one more take away that I got toward the end of the book.





"A Person who is obsessed thinks
about heaven frequently.  Obsessed 
people orient their lives around
eternity; they are not fixed only on
what is here in front of them."
Francis Chan - Crazy Love

Here is an example of a life obsessed with Jesus:
During the intermission of a play that Francis attended with some family and friends he leaned over to his wife's grandmother and asked how she liked the play.  She said, "Oh honey, I really don't want to be here right now."  When asked "why" she replied, "I just don't know if this is where I want to be when Christ returns.  I'd rather be helping someone or on my knees praying. I don't want Him to return and find me sitting in a theater."

"Therefore, be alert, since you don't know when the master 
of the house is coming-whether in the evening or at midnight
or at the crowing of the rooster or early in the morning.
Otherwise, he might come suddenly and find you sleeping.
And what I say to you I say to everyone: Be alert!"
Mark 13:35-37

I don't know about you, but when Christ comes back I don't want to be sitting in a theatre or caught in the middle of denying him when the rooster crows.  I want to learn this lifestyle of anticipation of our Great God!

1 comment:

Cheryl Nichols said...

That is so true! Thanks for sharing. You definitely have a way
with words and I appreciate it. Have a great Week!! Ashley and David are bringing the girls for me to keep while they get away for a few days. Ms. Nichols