Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Your Friendly Neighborhood Kirby Guy

Now, I know that he was just doing his job, but he should have gotten a clue when he came to our house with toys strewn all over the living room at 3:45 in the afternoon with NO KIDS IN SIGHT that the kids might be sleeping!!!

The first mistake - walking up to the door and ringing the doorbell.  The front door was open so he could clearly see our living room through the front glass door.

The second mistake - talking like he had just finished 5 espressos and yelling like Dora does through an entire episode even though I was less than a foot in front of him.

Dearest Kirby Man, please calm down and never come back

Do these guys EVER come to your doorstep and how do you get rid of them???

6 comments:

Tony C said...

"I'm sorry, I don't buy anything sold door-to-door because of a very bad past experience and there are absolutely no exceptions.

Best of luck to you and God bless."

or

"We are on a very strict budget that allows for no unplanned purchases that aren't a household emergency. No exceptions.

Best of luck to you and God bless."

I've used both with success. I've got some good ones for Mormons and JW's to if you're interested?

Ashley said...

Um, weird. He came to my house at the same time yesterday, and we live hundreds of miles apart. And I too had a sleeping child. Hmm, it's a conspiracy. And why do they have to so obviously drop the "nice" act when you say you're not interested??

Kelly Via said...

I don't know what the Kirby guy is...but we have some other people that knock from time to time. Many times they come when Jonathan is not home, so I don't ever go to the door. I just simply don't answer the door. :)

Michaelle said...

I just don't answer the door. I can be anti-social that way, lol!

Tim said...

Two words... [Restraining order] but seriously my co-worker wants me to have one of these guys come over so he can "win" a carpet shampooer. Did I mention he ALREADY bought the vacuum?...

Emily Jennings said...

How long did he stay? One time we let him in and the guy stayed for like 4 hours! Then they drop the bomb...$2000+ for a vacuum???? We were like, uh, you should have told us from the get go and we would have NEVER wasted you time and ours.

(I read this post the other day and didnt have time to comment...I could write a page's worth of comment on this one!)