Sunday, November 9, 2008

Selah For the Impatient and Demanding

(An excerpt from Experiencing God, speaking about the story of Mary, Martha and Lazarus)
"If I had come when you asked me to, you know that I could have healed him because you have seen me heal many, many times.  But, you would have never known any more about me than you already know.  I knew that you were ready for a greater revelation of me.  I wanted you to know that I am the resurrection and the life.  My refusal and my silence was not rejection.  It was an opportunity for me to disclose to you more of me than you have ever known."

"These things I plan won't happen right away.  Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled.  If it seems slow, do not despair, for these things will surely come to pass.  Just be patient!  They will not be overdue a single day!"
Habakkuk 2:3

"Those who are good at waiting are those who are convinced that God will provide, that He is on schedule, and that He is in control."
(Taken from Character Makeover)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Working in the ministry is not a high paying salary....as you probably know.

I think that becoming convinced that God will provide takes an enormous amount of faith.

I have learned that FAITH IS GIVEN, and recieved (within us) by the same Creator. He gives it and he recieves it.

Experiencing God is definitely something I should go through again.

K said...

What an uplifting post for a very impatient person like me. Thanks!