Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Make Your Own

Tortilla Chips

Have you noticed how stinkin' expensive a bag of chips is?  Well I have!  Doritos and Sun Chips are my favorite kinds of chips and ONE bag of those can run up to $4.  So, I asked my awesome sister, who can make just about ANYTHING in the kitchen, if she had a recipe for chips.  Of course she did=)

WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
Tortillas - flour OR corn (I bought a whole bag of corn tortillas - 100 count - for around $3)
Salt
Pepper
Cooking Spray


WHAT TO DO:
Preheat the oven to 350
Spray the cookie sheet with cooking spray
Cut the tortillas in quarters and lay them flat on the cookie sheet
Sprinkle with salt and pepper
Bake for 7-10 minutes (or until crispy)
Bag 'em up

So easy, So cheap!

**My sister also has a variation for those of us with a sweet tooth - substitute the salt and pepper with some sugar and cinnamon=)**

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I pack both of my kids lunches and chips do get expensive. I am going to try this idea and I like the idea about the cinnamon too!

Ashley said...

For a dip that goes with the sweet tooth chips, try dicing up a kiwi, an apple, and a peach, and mixing those with 1 Tbsp sugar and 1 Tbsp grape jelly. Delicious!d

Kelly Via said...

That's great Tash!! Do the Mexican restaurants use Corn tortillas or flour? I'm guessing corn, but I am not sure. I am definitely doing this one!

Anonymous said...

YUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMIIIIIEEEEEEE.

(((BY THE WAY....YOU ARE ABOUT TO BE TAGGED....AGAIN... ON MY BLOG. SORRY. IT HAPPENS....YA MIGHT AS WELL PLAY ALONG;-)

Monica said...

Cinnamon sounds fun. Hadn't thought of that!