Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Choose Your Hobbies Wisely


I'm in the process of catching up ... AGAIN!  I started scrapbooking because I thought it would be a GREAT way to consolidate our memories instead of having boxes and boxes of memories.  I admit it, I have "clutter-phobia".  

I did pretty good before we had kids and from what I've heard other moms describe, I'm still not doing too bad.  I completed a scrapbook for each of the kids first years and am now less than a year behind on the rest of our books.  (I say "less than a year" VERY loosely ... I'm on November=}) That's the thing though.  I wait until I'm like a year behind and then I have dozens of pages to catch up on and it's constantly hanging over my head.

Here's the thing.  I like to see a work complete!!  And scrapbooking is NEVER complete.  It just keeps going and I just keep taking more and more pictures and doing more and more cool things that I'd like to document. 

I really do like the finished product.  They are so fun to go back and look at and my kids absolutely LOVE looking at them.  They'll love them even more the older they get!  So, I'll press on.  

Do you scrapbook and how in the world do you keep up with it?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love to scrapbook! You are only a year behind? Good job, I have been scrapping for over 10 years and have still not done my kids' first year. I hate the "hanging over me" feeling, so I put all my pictures in chronological order in regular photo album to ease my guilt. One day, I will start making more time to scrap, until then I just keep collecting.

Anonymous said...

I love scrapbooking too! The best thing about it is recounting the stories of our family! Right now I am using a combination of digital and tradtional scrapbooking. Creative Memories has a great new pocket page album that is fast to put together.

Joan said...

I am the same way.. never complete and always behind. Good for you for getting back to it.

Jennifer Hambrick said...

I just finished Ezra's 1st year...yippee!

Although, I've decided that I just don't enjoy it enough...and yes, I totally understand the "hanging over your head" thing...perhaps I'll give myself permission to let this hobby go?

Michaelle said...

I scrapbooked up until about two years ago. I realized that it was stressing me out! Your hobbies are supposed to be fun, aren't they? I take so many pictures that I could not keep up. Now I just slip them into nice albums and enjoy them.

Joy said...

Oh boy... I'm currently needing to buy pictures from Abby's first year of life. LOL! I got a lot of her stuff scrap-booked. I still need to do Elaina's first year, too.

I just do it when the scrap-bug starts biting!