Wednesday, August 13, 2008

He's 2 - #1

INTRODUCTION:  I was recently reading this blog and came across an on-going series she has about her 2-year old son.  I began laughing out loud because I see my own 2-year old doing some of the exact same things!  
Here's a special series dedicated to my sweet and oh-so-stubborn little Zeke=)

WITHOUT FURTHER ADO: (hang in there, they won't all be this long I promise)
Last night, I was cleaning the kitchen while the kids were in the bathtub (I know, kids can drown in as little as 2" of water, but thy were splashing so much and being so loud you could have heard them from 2 houses away.  Besides Josh was even closer by keeping an eye on them.) and I heard Zeke say "poopie, poopie".  Before you get too excited about my son's pottie-training achievements you must realize that just as quickly I heard Areyna scream "MOM, ZEKE JUST POOPED IN THE BATHTUB!!!!!!!!!!"  So, I put the dirty dishes back in the sink, go hand the kids off to Josh who ran them to our bathroom to shower them off as I go into hyper-mode cleaning the poop out of the bathtub.  I couldn't stand the thought of just soaking their bathtub toys so I decided I needed to go back to the kitchen and make room for them in the dishwasher.  In the meantime, Josh had already taken the kids out of the shower and was getting Rainy all lathered up with her exzema cream and I heard a faint "uh-oh, peepee".  I'm not talking about a TBLS or 2 I'm talking at least 1-2 qt. of pee on my floor!!  Once again I leave my dishes, and now poopie toys, to start cleaning up our sweet little boys puddle on the floor and hand him off immediately to put a diaper on him.

By the end of the night I had completely cleaned both our bathrooms, the kitchen, organized the kids playroom and finished the laundry.  The funny thing is that I had just told myself that I needed to clean the kid's bathtub.  Maybe Zeke was just giving me that little push to get started=)

3 comments:

Kelly Via said...

Oh BOY! Don't you just LOVE those days?? Well, at least you have clean kids and clean rooms. I am not looking forward to potty training little Kayil; I can't imagine a little boy...Weeeeeeeeeeee!

sheltonfamily said...

Wow! These days sound just like ours....I agree with Kelly I'm sure you felt good about all the clean rooms. However, how long do they stay clean these days?!

the burchard bunch said...

ha ha ha.... I just said a little prayer, thanking the Lord that my potty-training days are over!! good luck girl :)