Thursday, July 24, 2008

Mosquito Bites?

Zeke has been absolutely pitiful the past day and a half.  I think he's got some kind of virus.  The first time I took his temp. yesterday it was over 99 and last night the last time I took it, it had gone up to 103.8.  I took his temperature under his arm so I don't know if that matters at all.  He woke up several times last night, hysterical.  It was pretty scary, he wasn't responding to us talking to him and he was acting really scared.  He must be pretty exhausted because it is 10:45 and he is still sleeping.  We know he really doesn't feel good because he wouldn't eat a single bite of his popsicle and he would just lick his cookie.  I think we watched more TV yesterday than we have watched altogether since the kids were born!!  I mean, what else can you do.  He just wants me to hold him as he lays limp in my arms.  Poor guy=(
Do ya'll think this could be from his mosquito bites?  We think he might even be allergic to them.  Have ya'll ever heard of anything like this being from mosquitos?  Just a thought...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Look at his throat.

There is something going around - leaves blisters in the throat, hurts real bad, high fever, etc.

Only lasts 24-48 hours though.

You can have a reaction to bites, but in my experience, not that severe. Never know though.
Poor baby, hope he feel better soon.

the broomes said...

Oh Tasha, I hate high fevers! We will pray that Zeke feels better quickly. I don't know about bites either...our kids swell up really terribly from them as well: it must have something to do with that fair skin/blond hair!!:)

Jennifer Hambrick said...

I know that is no fun =( I don't know about the bite thing, but if he still isn't feeling good tomorrow I'd call the dr...but that's just me =)

We'll pray for him, and you!

mom said...

My mother told me that I would be sick with a fever from mosquito bites.

MeMe and Poppee said...

On several ocassions Josh would have those scary episodes in the middle of the night as well. It was usually during a high fever. One time it was not associated with a high fever and lasted a very long time. We knew that we needed to pray over him and he never had another one. Praise the Lord!