Thursday, May 22, 2008

It's Been Months

Josh and I played at Parkwood Baptist in Gastonia again last night. We love it there. Pastor Jeff really brings the Word, no matter how hard the message may be. The kids like it there as well. Areyna remembers Parkwood because they have a "mini" stage below the main stage where they get to sing and dance while the band practices. Well, if you've been following my blog for any amount of time you know that Zeke has had a little trouble in the nursery department. It takes him several minutes (if not LONGER) to gain his composure after I drop him off. On occasion the teacher has even told me that he has had a rough time, the whole time. Well, on my way to drop the kids off in their class last night I was bracing for the worst. As we neared the classroom door he clung to me for dear life while whimpering in a hushed tone. I walked them in, put him down and handed him his "bubby". I gave Areyna the "big sister" pep talk to let her know that Zeke needed her and she leaned over and said "yes ma'am" while giving me a hug and kiss. THEN, Zeke walked over to me, gave me a hug and kiss and went to go play. What???? Are you serious? Is that it? I was completely speechless as I walked out of the room to go play. That hasn't happened in months. They even let me get a whole practice in with the band after the church service, which went after 9pm (way after their bed time). They were content to sing, dance, and play with mini magnets and a container of buttons my mom put together for Areyna for her birthday=) (thanks mom, those gifts have been a lifesaver!) Since the church is about an hour away, the kids didn't make it to bed until almost 11pm so we all got to sleep in until after 10am this morning, and I didn't even feel guilty about the extra sleep=)

1 comment:

Josh Via said...

I love sleeping in with you!