Thursday, January 31, 2008

Would You Hurry Up!...Oh...I Love You=)


Many of you already know that Josh has been putting the finishing touches on his very first book, The Discovery. I am so proud of him!! It is a devotional book through the book of John geared toward High School and College-aged students. He has been so diligent to get it written and so obedient to the Lord's leading in it, but I'm ready for it to be at the Press already! He warned me about a week or two ago to "just consider this exam week" and I thought I prepared myself, but I just realized that we have another week left in this "exam week". See, he has a strategy...he finds a place to sit, pretty much anywhere, and puts his headphones in his ears and his computer on his lap and zones out, completely engulfed into perfecting this book. This means that 1. he cannot hear Areyna yelling out her door that she has to "peepee" while I'm across the house doing office work 2. he somehow cannot see (or feel) Zeke pulling on his pant leg and whining to hear the music too 3. he cannot hear the front door bell ring even though he's right next to the front door 4. he cannot hear the timer going off in the kitchen while the beans boil over on the stove while I'm changing a stinky diaper 5. he somehow missed that Areyna and Zeke kept coming in to sit on my lap or talk to me while I try to give a violin lesson 6. he cannot hear his phone ringing off the hook right next to him...you get the picture=) His deadline is next Friday and then I'll have my husband back. All joking aside, though, I never realized everything that goes into writing a book and I can't wait to see the finished product. You are going to love the book, no matter what age you are.

6 comments:

the broomes said...

Oh, Tasha, I can't imagine! Fred is out of town this weekend at a conference...and I thought that was tough. To have Josh "right there" yet needing to work would definitely be a lot more patience-testing!:) You're such a wonderful wife and always are so great at being Josh's helper in ministry!
We can't wait to read the book! Please let us know how we can buy a copy when it comes out!

Anonymous said...

You are a great wife to be so encouraging to Josh! Way to go! Thanks for your encouragement to me, Tasha. Encouragement must be one of your many gifts!

Emily Jennings said...

I can TOTALLY feel your pain. I like it better when Jody goes into a room and shuts the door, although sometimes the kids hang out by that door calling him to no avail...ah.

BTW, love the new look for the newsletter.

Andrew said...

Martin Luther was also the type of theologian that could somehow read one book in the one hand, write on paper with the other hand, and have kids pulling on his legs.

Connections? Is Josh going to be the the guy to set the American church back on fire? I hope so.

Lysa TerKeurst said...

This sounds like a great book. Keep me posted.

Sweet Blessings!
Lysa

Unknown said...

I totally understand where you are coming from. Geoffrey's last semester before getting his masters was crazy. He was home but not really home....if you call in his office being home. Anyway, I know it was a battle between being the loving, supportive wife and wanting to scream at him to PLEASE help out. Its done now and worth it all. I know you'll say that too as you really already have. Josh's book will be great. We can't wait to read it. You are a great wife and mom too! Hang in there...this too shall pass!