Saturday, November 10, 2007

Interstate Traffic and Ginger Plowman

Yesterday I took the kids over to go see a good friend of mine from seminary who now lives near Gastonia. She had told me a couple of months ago about a conference at her church and through further discussion realized that both our husbands were going to be out of town so we decided to go to the conference together. The speaker was Ginger Plowman from Preparing The Way Ministries. She had such good insight and experience. As much as I'd like to think that I've got it all together sometimes as a mother and wife, today I realized that I've got a LONG way to go. I've read a ton of books, Christian books, and heard even more advice, but I wasn't digging deep enough into the Word and realizing that God really wants me to train the heart. I've heard a lot of it before, but I think I finally GOT IT today. Thank you Ginger. Well, just as I got all pumped up to be a godly example to my kids and packed full of new ideas we get in the car to head back home and wouldn't you know we run into construction traffic. Not just any traffic, but MAJOR traffic. It is where 77/85 and 485 all meet and there are 6 lanes at one point. Well, we all had to be merged into 1 lane. We went .9 miles in about an hour, Zeke screaming most of the time. It was 1pm and they hadn't slept or eaten since 7:30 that morning so he was a little cranky. On any other given day I would have gone mad because of the horrendous traffic and my screaming child, but I just kept thanking God for the privilege of being a parent and smiled at the way that He grows us. So, in spite of Zeke's screaming I drove the rest of the way home listening to "I want to hear my daddy sing Father Olights" 20 times as requested by Areyna. Have I mentioned that we're ALL ready to have Josh back home!

3 comments:

Kelly H. said...

Ginger Plowman's book "Don't make me count to three" REALLY spoke to me-so good, biblical and practical too. One of my favorites! I would love to hear her speak! Hope Josh is liking Larry's people! :)

Jennifer Hambrick said...

Tasha...I love your blog! I went to it today for the first time and loved hearing about you and the kids. I never knew you were such a good writer =) Keep up the good work! I think you have inspired me to do a blog too...

Anonymous said...

I wanted to find out more about Ginger Plowman, so I googled her name and found your blog right away. I thank God for the connection! What a great story you and your husband have about leading worship together. My husband James plays the piano and is learning guitar, and loves to worship. We have a 3 year old boy and 18 month old girl. I have a website to encourage moms, would love to have you check it out, http://www.losingweightafterbaby.com God bless you and your wonderful family!