Monday, November 8, 2010

Not Me Monday

I would never post a post, just to post a post.

Nope, not me!

I ALWAYS have something interesting to say and I'm always on top of my game.

Really...F-O-C-U-S is my middle name, here, over the past week or so.

And when I say "focus" I mean, on my normal, everyday tasks like fixing meals, changing poopy diapers, breaking up sibling fights over bubbies, bags and whatever else they tend to fight over.  Oh, and blogging too, of course!

And, by the way, who on earth would let themselves get so mentally distracted that they just catch themselves staring off into space with a bewildered look on their face.

Surely not me!

Especially when it's over an adoption journey that has only just begun.

So glad that's NOT ME, or my poor family would really be in for a long ride:)

I mean, I was warned that "baby brain" could take effect during the adoption process.  But that would never happen to this momma!

Nope, not me.


But, if for some CRAZY reason this were me, I'd be so grateful for the faithful family/friends/readers who I could count on for encouragement and prayers, and for continuing to read my blog, no matter how scattered and "un"focused it may be:)

Can I get an AMEN?!

4 comments:

mom said...

Missed your Saturday post until today. So proud of you both as you live your lives in pursuit of God.

Carissa Miller said...

Amen!

ps. I second what your mom said. <3

Meg said...

so excited about your Uganda adoption! We'd love to hear all about it! Are yall in Durham??

Susan Sene said...

Ok I had no idea - how exciting! I didn't get to read Josh's entire post but I can totally relate to what he said about "God told me...." and have also had an experience that I couldn't deny was from him! Wow!!!!

I wish you all the best and look forward to following your journey. That picture of the lil girl in your lap is so precious!