Thursday, July 17, 2008

Lost

Okay, so I have temporarily lost my mind, among way too many other things!  I CANNOT seem to keep up with anything.  No, we're not pregnant, so there is absolutely NO EXCUSE for me!  Like my other post said, I am a clean freak and keep pretty good tabs on my stuff and the places they belong...but not this week though.

Here are just a few things I have spent absurd amounts of time looking for:

1-The small screw driver set that sits on the shelf in the bathroom next to the kids room.  It is so close to their room because their door happens to randomly lock and if they shut the door they get locked in, and YES they locked themselves in their room the other day and I couldn't find it ANYWHERE!!!  I ran around like a mad women trying to find it until I happened to come across it in the kids play room on the floor.  That's a really SAFE place for it to be=)  Don't worry I got them out safely.

2-My Basil thermometer.  Still can't find this one...

3-The kids eraser to their chalkboard.  I know, not a huge necessity, but I swear, I looked EVERYWHERE, several times, and could not find it.  I think that's why it bothered me so much.  Well, during cleanup time we found it.  It was wedged between the wheels under Zeke's spiderman car.  Sure, exactly where it should be.

4-A check.  I'm not even gonna tell you where I finally found this one.

These are just a few things that I have been losing my mind over looking for.  Am I alone in this?  Is this just a phase?  I sure hope so, HA!

8 comments:

sheltonfamily said...

No I am right there with you and Mike never gets "it" ha ha! We have way to much to keep up with and I can tell you I don't even own a basal thermometer and I'm just trying to keep up with my two!

the broomes said...

I totally know what you mean...except for me it's not just a "phase" I don't think. I keep our house relatively neat, but still manage to misplace stuff constantly! I am always trying to find my sunglasses and cell phone-- usually as I'm running out the door!!!

Jen said...

How about when you put something in a "safe" place so you won't lose it. And then you search and search and can't find it. Ugh- that drives me crazy. I've got about another week before he returns. I'm going to take a trip to the gym this evening. I am usually able to refresh my mind while I'm there. Wish me luck- as I haven't been there in quite some time.

Jen said...

Well, it's the only brand I've used. Actually I think I used Cascade at some point and didn't like it much. So now that I can get 100 tablets for around $2.50 - can't beat that!

Kelly Via said...

So Sorry Tash! I feel like that a lot too...and I feel like I am wasting time looking and looking for things. I have a pair of sunglasses that I have misplaced for months now. Our house and our cars are only SO big...you think these things would show up eventually.

Rhonda said...

You are so not alone. I do stuff like that all the time. My theory is that our kids have sucked all our brain energy from us :)
Hang in there!
Rhonda

Tim said...

Yosha, I can help with the first item on your list. Fro gave me the mini-screwdriver to work on his laptop. I last saw it on the piano in your studio/office. Hope that helps...

Cheryl Nichols said...

I thought those were senior moments.lol I know youare not that old. I can remember that much. I'm glad to catch up with you and Josh. I talked to your mom today.
Blessings to your family,from the Nichols