Friday, July 4, 2008

Thou Shalt Not Misplace My Things

I am nearing the end of "Feminine Appeal" by Caroline Mahaney, an excellent book by the way.  If you want to read more about the things I've learned from the book go HERE.  Today I read about judging others.  I know, I know...we should love the sinner, not the sin.  But seriously, I have seen something here that I never really thought of as sin before.

Does this sound familiar to you?
"One of the posts connecting the backyard fence is down.  Those neighborhood kids must have done it.  I hate it when they jump over our fence!"  
"I can't find my sunscreen.  Why can't Zeke stay out of the cabinet!"
"Josh, would you please put the adaptor to the camera AWAY after you use it?"

I'm terrible at this.  Everything is always someone else's fault.  I mean, I am organization queen and I never misplace ANYthing!  Yeah right.  

Here's what REALLY happened.
Josh said, "No baby, the post probably just got warped by the sun so it fell out of one of the slots.  Here, let's go fix it."
10 min. after searching for the sunscreen I finally find it saying "Oh yeah, I forgot I stuck it in this bag before we left."
After frantically looking for the camera adaptor to post a much needed picture to my blog I look down and it's actually already connected to my computer.

I think the worst thing about it is that many times I forget, or don't even realize that I need to ask forgiveness for wrongly judging everyone else and thinking of myself as blameless!

I've got a lot to work on=)

1 comment:

Kelly Via said...

Good toe stomper, and great reminder. This does not pertain to me, but it does to a lot of other people...HAHA! No seriously, though, I do this a lot, so whenever I do get around to that book, that chapter will be a good one for me...