Friday, May 22, 2015

Organized Chaos From The Overflow Of The Mind

I just got back from one of the hardest/funnest workout classes of all time.
Hot Yoga
Have you ever heard of such a thing?
Well I hadn't until last year when one of my friends started going and was telling me all about how incredible it was.  I smiled and nodded outside while silently mocking her because let's face it, who would ever want to step foot in a room that is over 100 degrees ON PURPOSE...and then work out in it for an hour?
Not me!
But after continually hearing about these classes I became intrigued, so when my fitness friend told me she was picking me up to go this morning I decided to give it a try.  She is the same one who took me to her kick boxing class.  I love that her love language to me is to make me sweat and feel better about myself:)

So if you ever get the opportunity to do a hot yoga class, TAKE IT!  You'll feel amazing afterward.

Jude is completely potty trained.  Like, I don't even have to remind him to sit on the potty.  He just does it. AND he even flushes the potty and washes his hands without being reminded (he will be giving classes this weekend to the other Colony members).  He has even woken up to go potty in the night once and woken up dry the other nights.  HALLELUJAH!  We are officially  a diaper-free environment now! (but if you come and visit we'll have almost a full box of size 4's on hand if you need to borrow one, because a child will only be interested in potty training after you've invested in a brand new FAMILY SIZE box of diapers.  Just like the only time you will total a car is right after you invest on a completely full tank of gas, ha!)

I'm going to be with my mom next Tuesday for her 2nd of 16 rounds of chemo.  I can't wait to love on her.  There is just something about being available for the person that has made herself available for YOU your entire life that brings me joy.  Even if I can't do much, just being with her makes me feel like I'm doing something:)

The kids track out of school in 1 1/2 weeks.  I am SO ready to take a break from packing lunches.  Like for real, packing lunches is not for the faint at heart.  Our family also got invited to be a part of a family camp toward the end of track out.  I am SO excited to take some time away and just intentionally enjoy my family!

I had my first YoungLiving sign up under me!  I'm so excited.  Hopefully it will keep growing:)

I have dozens of tomatoes growing out in the garden.  My sunflowers and peas are starting to really take off.  The cucumbers (if I could keep the chickens out of them) are starting to really come up and the lettuce and onions began peaking through this week!

I may or may not have painted a couple more furniture items this week...

I have spent the past couple of weekends clearing out a space in the back yard by the fire pit.  Last week Josh came to check out my progress and said, "you know you are surrounded by poison ivy and poison oak right?".  My ignorant response? "It all looks like poison leaves to me".  Clearly, my invincible-confident mind didn't pass the memo onto my skin which continues to break out in new poison ivy effected spots all over my body...awesome!  Whatever keeps me humble I guess:)

Alright, I'm off to go find something else to paint, or prune, or read, or whatever I want to do because it's FAMILY DAY!

Happy Friday, ya'll!

No comments: