Monday, July 14, 2014

Colony Thoughts On Essential Oils ~ Part 2 (Peaceful Child Blend recipe for ADHD included!)

*You might want to go back and read Part 1 to see if it answers any of your preliminary questions.*

I thought my previous post was getting a little lengthy so I decided to save my favorite recipes for a separate post.

NONE of these recipes are my own.  I have searched around the internet and talked to many friends who have given these to me, so I'll try to add links when available.

FACE SCRUB/WASH

most of a 14 oz. jar of unrefined, organic Coconut oil
***She used regular, not fractioned Coconut oil. It mixes right together.***
1/2 of an 8 oz. box of baking soda
10 drops of essential oils
***Rita used Geranium but I didn't have any on hand. 
She said you could also use, tea tree, lavender or citrus oils.  
I chose Lemon because I love the scent, it is great for troubled skin and I had it on hand already.***

BUG SPRAY


Fill 8 oz. spray bottle 1/2 full with distilled or boiled water
Add witch hazel to fill almost to the top
***She adds 1/2 tsp of vegetable glycerin, but not only did I NOT have that on hand, 
but I don't even know what that is, ha!***
Add 30-50 drops of desired essential oil. The more oil, the stronger the repellent.
***She suggests using Rosemary, Clove, Cajeput, Lavender, Cinnamon or Eucalyptus.
I swear by Edens Garden "Pest Defy" blend, so that is what I used.***

Helps with ADHD, emotional trauma, fear, stress, anxiety and insomnia

***I have been given this recipe from SEVERAL resources and I LOVE it!  I use it on Zeke every morning and night and every once in a while in the afternoons.  We can tell a huge difference in his anxiety levels and attention on tasks if we don't give him his vitamin and oils consistently! 

I bought my first batch from HERE.  Zeke LOVES the soothing scent and how relaxing it is when I put it on.  I place it on the bottom of each foot, over his heart and on the sides of his spine.  The bottle didn't last very long so I ended up getting the recipe and making my own refill.  I will definitely be buying the original again though!

85 drops Vetiver
30 drops Ylang Ylang
20 drops Frankincense
15 drops Clary Sage
10 drops Margoram
30 drops Lavender
10 drops of fractioned Coconut oil as a carrier oil

Mix together in a roller bottle.
Rub on bottoms of feet, over heart, sides of spine and wrists 
first thing in the morning and right before bed.

My friend Stephanie gave me this resource, from DoTERRA oils, that is incredible as well!

ECZEMA
Jude's eczema can really get out of hand if we don't keep a constant eye on his diet.
But oil helps significantly!

I have found that Evening Primrose is a great carrier oil for skin conditions.
I mix it with Lavender, which is also great for eczema.

***simple but VERY effective***

PRODUCE RINSE
I wrote about a rinse I make to get chemicals and dirt off of fresh produce HERE.
Now I add a 5-8 drops of Lemon essential oil to the mix!

*************************

These are my everyday favorites that I wanted to share.

It's easy to find what oils are good for what on Pinterest and Google.
Go ahead and dive in.
I promise it'll be worth it!

No comments: