Monday, January 14, 2013

Not Me Monday

When Josh has an outside gig on Sunday mornings I never stress over getting all five kids dressed and ready for church on time.

I just don't.

Really.

The only thing I need is a mental checklist of things I need to accomplish before walking out the door, like:

~dry hair
~Jude's sippy cup
~extra pair of undies for Cai
~de-lintify (yes, that is a permanent word in my vocabulary now!) Alethia's hair and do something with it...ANYTHING with it.

Yup, just mental notes

that ALWAYS get completed

before walking out the door to head to church.

And since I always get everything on my mental checklist completed BEFORE walking out the door to buckle the Colony up in their carseats, I never get half-way to church...

...before looking back in the rearview mirror...

...and let out a gasp...

...because I have just realized that the one thing on my mental checklist that did NOT get accomplished was the ONE THING that R-E-A-L-L-Y needed to be completed.

Like, REALLY.

And it's a good thing that NEVER happens.

Because then I'd have two options:
1-turn around and go home, and just resign myself to the fact that I'm going to be late. Linty hair is just NOT an option!
2-stop and get something, and just resign myself to the fact that I am going to have to pay a ridiculous amount of money for something to fix the "issue".

And since I hate being late I'd have to choose option 2, and be forced to find a store, on the way to church, carting 5 kids around, that was open, on a Sunday morning, to find a hair SOMETHING to beautify my ethnic-haired daughter, so as not to cause a scene when we walk in the front door.

Because we all know that a white mama, with a brown-skinned beauty has GOT to make that hair priority!

So it's a good thing I didn't have to stop at Rite-aid (wait, they were closed!) Food Lion to pick up a 3-pack of the most obscenely priced hair-bands EVER.

Nope.

That's silly to get all worked up over a linty, fuzzy hair mess.

And I NEVER get worked up over silly little things like that!