Friday, May 6, 2011

Thought Process

Wow, what a week!

This has been the week that just would not end.  Or at least the week where crappy things just kept happening.  I have a whole week's worth of "Not Me Mondays" that I could post about.  I'll spare you all the stories, for now:)

My emotions have been in full gear this week.  So much so, that Josh actually kicked me out of the house.  It was all out of love, but I'm beginning to think that it was more for his sanity than mine, ha!

Sanity...I almost lost mine this week.  Yes, on several occasions, but the one that stands out the most is when I happened to lose one of my children.  Yup, I won't mention this Super Hero's name, but I'll give you one guess.

Speaking of Super Hero's...my Grandpa was one of my super heroes.  He went to be with Jesus this week.  He was my last living grandparent.  I loved him so much.  I had a special connection with him.  I miss him, even though I didn't get to see him all that much.  I'm making my trek back out to Colorado on Sunday afternoon for his funeral.

Funerals...I'm beginning to think that we need to begin some kind of funeral ritual for all the little critters who don't have the privilege at making their escape from the loving little fingers of my kids.  I "found" one such critter who had actually made an escape.  He didn't quite make it back to his home, but instead found safety in the linen closet in the kids bathroom.  I found him while looking for a band-aid.  Ironically, a band-aid will do nothing for this crispy little fellow now...
Don't look too closely at the junk on my floor.  
It's a corner in a closet, OK!


Crispy reminds me of crunchy.  Crunchy reminds me of the crunch I heard when I had a little "fender-bender" while driving my new boat around the parking lot last week.  The poor little Toyota Corola didn't know what "hit" him!  I do though, and now every time we go out Areyna asks if we are going to have another accident or if I'm going to hit another car.  Awesome.

It's amazing the things that just happen to occur when you are trying to raise money to adopt!  Hospital bills, broken down cars, speeding tickets (for the first time in 8 years), car accidents (for the first time in 8 years), stolen cell phones...

Oh yes, Josh's phone got stolen while were playing at CharlotteONE last week!  It is quite an amazing story.  It is a MUST READ!  It has led to a new form of Evangelism that I like to call "Textelism":)

One more thing that has been causing this mind of mine to spin out of control...

Our yard sale!  Now, don't get me wrong when I say this, I am SOOOO grateful for the donated items, but I so ready to have my house back!  This little OCD mind of mine can only handle so much and I'm running out of EXITs to get in and out of my house:)

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Good grief! Prayers here! =)

Stacey said...

And, by the way, I really hope you cleaned up on your yard sale!