Friday, February 11, 2011

Fun Facts For Friday

I love the gift that girls have of making big, manly things into...well, just about anything they set their minds to.
For example:
Areyna transformed Zeke's tool bench
into a hospital bed for bear.
He's feeling much better, 
so you can quit holding your breathe.

Areyna is a great nurse:)

My kids love critters.  As a matter of fact they love them so much that they really struggle to let them go after being "captured".  But after realizing that the critters are beyond "repair", usually from lack of food, and sometimes oxygen, and being over-played with, the kids realize the critter's doom and will finally let them go.  They are so proud of themselves for releasing the critter back into the wild that I just have to smile, and pray for healing for the little guy...

Well, here is just one example of some of those victims critters.  They were captured after a rainy day when all the beatles decided that it would be "safe" on our driveway and walkway.  Little did they know that they would be doomed to live in a band-aid box, only to be re-discovered weeks later and forced to race to their freedom:)

It has been almost impossible for me to find jeans that fit my little Budda baby.  The length will fit but the waste will be like 2 inches too small, ha!  I may need to try the ol' rubberband maternity trick:)

Josh let me go off-duty last night.  I had so many little projects hanging over my head that I had to make a dent in, so I locked myself in our bedroom and went at it.  I finished Cai's baby book, got all our tax stuff for the ministry in order so I can write-up out tax stuff for the attorney (I love numbers and all, but good grief, I feel like tax stuff NEVER ENDS!), and got caught up on thank you letters, coupons and packaged up some more of my books to mail off.  What a good feeling to have accomplished so many little tasks that just get pushed aside so I can just maintain a clean house and laundry.  Being a stay-at-home mom is tough...can I get an Amen?!

You have 24 more days until my devotional starts.  I created a link on my blog with a countdown so you can make sure you don't miss it.  I'll be selling them in our church lobby on the 20th and 27th!  I found 2 preschools that are interested in taking a look at the book for their book fairs and as a resource.  I didn't even think about that one.  Please let me know if you are interested:)

It's Friday ya'll!  Enjoy the nice warm weather and have a GREAT WEEKEND!

1 comment:

K said...

Yes, Amen! Being a SAHM is tougher than it seems from the outside looking in. I remember thinking how much time I'd have when I stopped working...