Thursday, November 18, 2010

A Puddle Of Tears and Music To My Ears



I have been a puddle of tears this morning, and I'm an ugly cryer, ya'll!

I'm sitting here in my hotel room trying to have some time with the Lord and all I can do is cry.  The song that came on is Ascend The Hill's, "Take The World, But Give Me Jesus" from their album Ascend The Hills.

We sang this song last night.  I say this all the time, but if I sit here and meditate on the words, do I really believe these words?!

Is Jesus really all I need?  Or do I need the security of a paycheck, the approval of others, notoriety as a musician, "The Perfect Mom"label, the Christianized American dream, instant gratification from comments on a blog post (can I get an amen?)...

It goes on and on, really.  When does it stop?!

But if Jesus really is all that I need, like I've been telling the nations on mission trips and pouring into my children's hearts, that would be it!

Nothing else would matter.  NOTHING...

Lord, I want to be real.  I want to be passionate about you and only You!  I want you to pour out of my life, leaving room for nothing else!

So God, take the world, but give me Jesus

2 comments:

Stacey said...

You've got an Amen. I'm not feeding the gratification but the "let's get real" part. Amen.

Jennifer Hambrick said...

i've been puddling too all week...and loving that same song =) i've been re-reading thru crazy love and those same questions keep reverberating in my heart as well. love it. love you!