Thursday, August 12, 2010

In Order To Love You More

First of all, explain to your kids what is going on.

Let them know that mommy and daddy need some special time together.

"This helps us love each other more...
...and in turn helps mommy and daddy love you more!"

"What can do this?" you ask.

A DATE NIGHT!!!!

"But we don't have any money for a babysitter, much less a date."

What if I told you that it can be done on a $15 budget (or less)?
Child Care - FREE
Steaks at Trader Joe's - $9
Broccoli, salad, peaches and ice cream - already around the house
Red Box Movie - $1

Now, sit down and pen it in the calendar together!
That way you won't have any excuses not to do it.
Plan it out, just like you would a special night out on the town.
Make it intentional and special:)

Here is how our night went:

Kid's in bed - check
I just have to share that while I was finishing up the dinner 
Josh gave all 3 kids a bath.
Boy, if that doesn't shout his love for me...


Mood Music - check

Romantic, candlelight dinner - check

Delicious dessert - check

Movie - check

I don't even need to tell you the other advantages of having a date
 in the comfort of your own home;)

And that is how an at-home date is done, my friends!

3 comments:

Kate said...

I love reading your blog. I can tell you love your husband and kids so much! James and I have lots of dates at home- 'cept we skip the dinner and movie and go straight to the fun part :). Ha ha, couldn't resist!

Katy said...

Love it, Tasha! I know you've been needing this. Wait! I need a date night, too! I'm off to make a date with my hottie husband;-)

Maher Family said...

This is wonderful! Some good ideas and reminds me that it has been way too long since I had a date night with my hubby.