Friday, July 2, 2010

Fun Facts For Friday - Bonus Facts Included

1 - When I'm stressed or nervous I always find myself chomping on food. I don't care what it tastes like, it just has to be crunchy!

2 - I could swear that someone is living in the cellar under our house sometimes. I hear noises...scary...

3 - Josh was supposed to get home today from his camp. He said he couldn't wait another night and drove in after his 9pm session. He rolled up the driveway at a quarter to 3am. It was nice to have him in bed to cuddle with last night.

4 - Josh has connections with the student pastor at Journey (as in, it's his brother!) who he is doing a camp for starting on Monday. I was supposed to stay at home with the kids another week by myself, but he pulled some strings and now we ALL get to go! Bring on the fort and family togetherness!

5 - Here are some pictures of our kitchen and bathroom that I painted, per request. They are pretty bad pictures because it was dark outside but you can get the gist of it. The kitchen was just too white and bland. It needed a little color. Still deciding which curtains I like better.
BEFORE
AFTER

Our bathroom is pretty tiny and had horrid wallpaper.
We tore that down and I painted a couple of sections with the same dark brown as the other rooms to add some color and then the rest of the walls are the same brown as the kids room.

6 - Jeremiah and Jenn get back with their sweet Eli on Saturday. We're going to go meet them at the airport to welcome him into the family!

7 - I am taking the plunge this week and cloth diapering on the road. I'll let you know how it goes...eek...this will be the true test I suppose.

8 - You know how females supposedly have way more words to use up in one day than males? Well, since Josh has been gone the majority of my days have been spent with the kids, and adult conversation has been at an all-time low. I always have to apologise for talking so much when Josh gets back from being out of town. I think my words are kind of like Sprint's roll-over minutes, they just keep adding up until I can use them up:)

9 - Zeke's 4th birthday is on the 6th. This makes me feel old...

10 - Have a GREAT 4th of July weekend!

PRAYER REQUEST FACT - My future brother-in-law had an accident with boiling wax and is in the burn unit at UNC Chapel Hill and is undergoing skin graft surgery sometime today. Hence the reason for all the crunchy food in #1. Please pray for him. Pray for Josh's sister, Joy, who has been selflessly taking care of him in the hospital. Pray that his body won't reject the pig skin they will be using and that there will be NO infection. They say that hopefully he will be out of the hospital in about a week if all goes well.

No comments: