Saturday, June 12, 2010

Weather Lesson


If you know me at all you know that I'm a weather girl. I may have missed my true calling in life. I'd love to go to meteorology school if I ever had the opportunity. Either that or spy school...

Anyway, here are a few personal weather statistics about me before we begin our lesson.

  1. I watched the weather channel during the births of our first two children.
  2. I always know what the weather is going to be at the destination we are traveling to. I like to know what to expect, ya know?!
  3. I used to play "weather man" with my little brother when we would watch the storms roll in across the Texas plains.
  4. I "follow" WRAL weather on twitter. Josh laughs at me, but who is the first one to know when Perquimans County is under a severe Thunderstorm Warning, huh?
  5. I have a secret love affair with Greg Fischel.
Ok, on to today's lesson.

Have you ever wondered what the difference between "isolated", "scattered" or "likely" is when referring to rain or storms?

"Isolated" = a probability of less than 30%.
"Scattered" = a 30% - 50% probability.
"Likely" = the probability is 60% or more.

Let me know if you have any other questions you'd like me to answer;)

No comments: