If you know me at all you know that I'm a weather girl. I may have missed my true calling in life. I'd love to go to meteorology school if I ever had the opportunity. Either that or spy school...
Anyway, here are a few personal weather statistics about me before we begin our lesson.
- I watched the weather channel during the births of our first two children.
- I always know what the weather is going to be at the destination we are traveling to. I like to know what to expect, ya know?!
- I used to play "weather man" with my little brother when we would watch the storms roll in across the Texas plains.
- I "follow" WRAL weather on twitter. Josh laughs at me, but who is the first one to know when Perquimans County is under a severe Thunderstorm Warning, huh?
- I have a secret love affair with Greg Fischel.
Have you ever wondered what the difference between "isolated", "scattered" or "likely" is when referring to rain or storms?
"Isolated" = a probability of less than 30%.
"Scattered" = a 30% - 50% probability.
"Likely" = the probability is 60% or more.
Let me know if you have any other questions you'd like me to answer;)