Saturday, March 27, 2010

Audacious Prayer

Dear Heavenly Father,

So often I quench your spirit. Forgive my unbelief. I want a life that overflows with love, joy, peace, patience, gentleness, kindness, goodness, faith and self-control. These can only be attained by me from the Holy Spirit. How often I forget that He is here, within, just waiting...

...waiting for me to stop, waiting for me to listen, waiting for me to rely and depend, waiting on me to stake everything on His power and presence.

Forgive my desire for immediate praise and acceptance by everyone except You!

God, I pray that you will keep this desire fresh in my spirit. Convict me when I get in the way. Do things that only You can accomplish in this life that you've so graciously granted me. Give me an urgency and passion that comes ONLY from You!

Oh God, give me the faith to pray audaciously!
In your son's name I pray,
Amen

1 comment:

Carissa Miller said...

This is so beautiful and honest and brave. Thank you for your inspiration through your transparent love for our AMAZING Creator! <3