Monday, August 31, 2009

Where Are My Kids?

Last Friday I told you that I was addicted to my awesome husband.  Let me tell you what made him such a good husband and daddy last week...

I've done really well with this transition to being a mommy of 3 I think.  I've had less emotional breakdowns after this delivery than with my other 2.  In fact I've only cried a couple of times since Micaiah was born...hey, that's really good for me:)  

Well, my sleep-deprived emotions caught up with me last Wednesday and I just broke down and started crying, "I'm just so tired."  

Well, I had to run out to the grocery store and promised Josh I'd "be back so soon".  I wasn't ready to venture out to the store with all 3 kids yet.

Josh, being the sensitive man that he is, decided that he'd give me a break and took an adventure of his own.  While I was gone he got the kids breakfast and began packing a picnic lunch.  He got a bottle for Cai and loaded all 3 of the kids up in the car and took off for a park and the library for a daddy day!  He, not I, was the first to attempt an outing alone with all 3 kids!  I couldn't tell him thank you enough for the time to get caught up on things around the house and for just giving me a little "me time".

I know what you are thinking..."you've got it SO good"!  Don't you think that I already know that?!

It took a while to get used to our way of living.  Adjusting to my husband being at home, but not really at home, because he's working in the office.  Having more free time in the mornings and during the week but working ALL weekend, not to mention the night rehearsals and gigs and out of town trips we constantly take.  I'm not complaining...on the contrary...I love what we do.  I don't take it for granted for a minute.  I thank God all the time for allowing us to do what we do and we are constantly finding ways to take advantage of this time in our lives.  Ex:  Going to Chuck E Cheese on a Tuesday morning when NO ONE ELSE IS THERE...need I say more;)

It also makes me have a deeper respect for single mothers who do it "on their own" from day one.  It just makes me more thankful for the helpmate God has allowed me to have in Josh!

So, yes, that is just one reason why I love him so...

1 comment:

Kelly Via said...

Josh gets TONS of bonus points for this one. Way to go Uncle Frizzle Diz!! Sounds awesome!! You've got to love when our husbands are sensitive to our needs and take initiative!!