Thursday, August 13, 2009

The First Week

Well, Micaiah turns 1 week old today.  I can't believe it's already been a week.  We are still adjusting here, working on "happy hearts" and good attitudes but overall we are 1 big"ger" happy family=)  My parents have been here helping out which has been Great!  It has been so nice to have the extra hands to keep us fed and to help with Rainy and Zeke.

Micaiah has adjusted well to having 2 older siblings.  He can sleep through ANYTHING!  

I took him to the doctor yesterday for his first check-up and they were SO impressed with how he is doing.  He was already up to 7lb. 2 oz.!  They said it usually takes breast-fed babies AT LEAST 2 weeks to gain back just their birth weight so for him to go beyond in less than a week was Great!  They don't have to see him again until he's 2 months old=)

Here are a couple more pictures for you...


Tummy time - turned into nap time=)

Daddy got to take over a feeding with my over-abundant milk supply=)

Nonnie and Micaiah (my mom)

G-daddy and Micaiah (my dad)

Josh and his kiddos

12 comments:

the burchard bunch said...

He is so sweet... I love the pic of Josh and the kiddos.... He looks like one happy (& tired) daddy:) We are so happy for you and can't wait to meet the little man:)

Kelly Via said...

Awe I love all the sweet pictures!! I couldn't help but giggle at Areyna's squinched up, sad heart face in the last picture...I bet that attitude won't last and she'll be a great helper in no time at all!!

Randy and Lindsay said...

I love all the pictures! Congratulations!!!!!!!!

Ashley said...

soo cute! i can't wait to meet little Micaiah

the broomes said...

Sounds like y'all are doing great...I'm just WAY impressed that you're keeping up with the blog in the midst of the adjustment (you know me and my blog-laziness:)) We can't wait to meet little mr. micaiah!

mel said...

So precious!

jim thompson said...

love it! :)

Justin said...

it's so great to hear how God is blessing you all and the new addition to the family!! congrats :)

Ashley said...

Your family is precious!

Stephen and Tara said...

It is awesome that breastfeeding goes so well for you. Congrats (and praise the Lord!) on such a healthy baby.

ruth @gracelaced said...

OH TASHA!!! Congratulations! I've been so busy lately I completely missed your new arrival! How blessed you are. Get some rest when you can. Our God is sufficient even in the haze of the first three months!

Jennifer said...

That tummy time pic just gives me butterflies in my tummy it is TOO SWEET!!! Those tiny little forms... Aawww!!!!
*resist baby fever*
*resist baby fever*
:P
and I'm so impressed that you iwll pump with as much time as you already spend feeding... I coulnd't swing it!