Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Laborare Est Orare; Orare Est Laborare

This Latin saying translated into Elglish means, "To work is to worship; to worship is to work."

Colossians 3:17 - "Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus."

Romans 12:1 - "...I urge you to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God; this is your spiritual worship."

Our work can be exhausting, frustrating, discouraging, disappointing, beyond boring, and just plain hard sometimes.  But in reality, our work is not our problem.  Our problem is our perspective.

So this is my prayer for you...for me, today:  to do EVERYTHING as worship as unto the Lord.

Taken from "Satisfy My Thirsty Soul"

1 comment:

mel said...

Seems Someone knew that I needed a little pick me up this morning. Life has felt pretty overwhelming for me lately, and even though I know my outlook and perspective need to change, sometimes it just feels like I can't do it alone.

Thank you for the prayer and the reminder. Have a wonderful day!