Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Strawberry Fields And Poopie Water

Today has been wet and overcast.  I'm feeling really unmotivated to do much of anything, although I did get a shower before lunchtime today=)  

I have a friend who works at a strawberry farm and I was planning on going with the kids today but it has been raining off and on and I didn't know if I was really up for getting all muddy and messy with the kids today...until I couldn't take their bickering, whining and fighting with each other anymore.  They have really been at each other all day and we HAD to get out of the house.  You know you're off to a good start when your "good" eater refuses to eat the breakfast that he chose, just for the sake of hard-headedness.  

I had no errands to run, no groceries to buy, we'd already been to the library, too wet to play on the playground (me and Zeke tried that yesterday).  So, I packed us a lunch and strapped the kids in the car.  We were going to the strawberry field, wet and muddy and all!

It started pouring about a mile from the field but I was determined.  Thankfully it only lasted a minute and by the time we got out of the car it was down to a mist.  We went to find Audrey and she showed us the ropes.  Rainy didn't last long but Zeke was having a blast.  It was all I could do to get him to put the strawberries in the basket so we could pay for them instead of in his mouth=)  He'd say, "Oh, this one is bootiful!  I think it will be sooooo yummy!"
The kids, Audrey and her nephew eating lunch.

I think the highlight of the afternoon was trying to squeeze all 3 of us into a port-a-jon so we could use the "facilities".  Now, I'm sure you would have paid to see that one=)

We spent a couple of hours there before heading back home.  The ride home was full of some more whining and complaining and I was beginning to be VERY EXCITED FOR NAPTIME when we got home!  

Zeke had been telling me the whole way home that he had to go poopie and so as soon as we got home I sent the kids to go potty before naptime.  Why Zeke started to throw a fit and running away is beyond me, but I finally caught him and stuck him on the potty.  After sitting there about 5 minutes (It takes him awhile these days.  Just like his daddy!) he thought it would be fun to start throwing Areyna's pretty hairbow up in the air because it twirls.  Would have been cool except for the fact that it slipped between his legs into the poopie water!!!  Areyna started crying, I started crying, and Zeke started pulling stickers off his shirt to go in the potty with Rainy's hairbow!

I finally got them down for a nap and decided that I really NEEDED to go run off some steam.  I got all ready and stepped out on my front porch so I could run laps in my cul-de-sac...just as it started pouring again!  Ahhh...  I just couldn't win.  Of course it only lasted a few minutes before I tried again with success.  When I do this I run inside to check on the kids after every mile or so.

Mile 1 - So far so good.  No noises
Mile 2 - Zeke is singing at the top of his lungs to Praise Baby.  I thought they'd been sleeping.  Consequences were to be had.
Mile 3 - I walk in to Zeke pounding on the door and yelling to go potty and Areyna changing her clothes because I missed her call to go potty.

Well, the day is still young but at least there is an end in sight!  I'm really not complaining and I am already laughing at the day's events but it's just one of those days where I just want to start over.  Maybe not THIS day...I'll take a NEW day please=)
Post a Comment