Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Life Without Daddy - Day 3 - Jungle

Morning - Wild Wild West 

Tonight's Theme - Jungle Night

First Zeke and I made "Bug Mix" (Trail Mix)
Cheerios = snails
Craisins = ladybugs
Chocolate Chips = ants
Coconut = slugs
Banana Chips = beatles
Marshmallows = slimy ground
Dinner Menu:
"Snake Calzone" - This was my 1st ever attempt at a calzone,
Don't laugh=)
"Wild" fruit from the jungle
After dinner we went on a bug hunt outside.
We found tons of snails, rollypolly's, earwigs and a ladybugs from all the rain we've been having.


Finally, we ended the day reading some bug and jungle books.
The bug and caterpillar books are from the library.
Yes, we FINALLY made it to our library today.  It only took us 3 years to get there=)
The kids had a blast!

5 comments:

Joy@WDDCH said...

GREAT idea! I love that trail mix. Sounds delicious!

Sara said...

KEEP GOING!! i am loving all these awesome themes. you'd be a fantastic elementary school teacher :) or mom...... oh wait!

Wendi NC said...

You are such a great mommy. I think we'll do theme meals next month. (gotta have that much time to plan it out) And, per the post of Zeke eating asparagus, please tell me how you cook or prepare yours. Maybe if I do it different Banks will try it.

Emily Wallace said...

Love your theme days! What great planning. Hope to implement some of these ideas. Thanks for sharing!

mel said...

What a wonderful idea - a themed day!! Perfect! I think Keebler makes graham crackers in bug shapes. I used them for Halloween trail mix one year.

How did you like the 'Feely Bugs' book? I got 'Easter Bugs' for Arwen's basket this year. I'm thinking of the getting the rest of her growing book colletion.

Looking forward to more themes!!