Monday, May 4, 2009

Life Without Daddy - Day 2 - Wild Wild West

If you missed Day 1 you can catch it HERE.

Tonight's theme was Wild Wild West.  Now, remember I have a 4-year old and an almost 3-year old.  Our imaginations can only go so far=)

Our Menu:
Baked Potatoes - All good cowboys and cowgirls LOVE baked potatoes
Baked Spaghetti - For Cowboy ropes to bring in the cows
Asparagus - For cactus
Pigs In A Blanket 
*I know my husband is impressed with all my sides=)

Zeke went straight for the asparagus before we could even sit down.
He loves that stuff!

I think it was a hit!  (This is after Rainy's 3rd helping of asparagus)

Except for the fact that she couldn't bear to eat her "cute little piggy" warming in his blanket=)
Then we ended the night by reading "Cowboy Pup" and playing in the rain in the coolest cowboy boat ever!  Of course, makes sense to me=)

7 comments:

Ashley said...

just avoid the asparagus pee!

The Via Colony said...

HA! I know, it's super smelly with little boys=)

Sara said...

aaaaaaah!! i love this! especially the spaghetti for ropes and asparagus for cactus... what a good mommy :) oh, AND the pigs in blankets - so I guess all of it haha!

Jennifer Hambrick said...

I love these! I'm definitely going to keep these ideas in mind for the next time Jeremiah is gone!

Kelly Via said...

Sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun with these awesome dinners! Way to go Tash!!

Do you buy fresh asparagus or canned? How do you make it where the kids like it??

The Via Colony said...

I buy fresh asparagus. Cut the bottom 1 inch off and then put them in a microwavable safe bowl or dish. Cover the bottom with water, just enough to cover the bottom on container (to help steam them in the mocrowave). I cut up 1-2 TBSP of butter and place around on top. Microwave a full bunch for about 6-7 minutes. Tonight I didn't make the whole bunch because Josh wasn't here and only put it in for 4 minutes. Just long enough to soften them up without making them soggy=)

Joy@WDDCH said...

Man now I'm hungry! That all looked delicious!