Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I Think It's Time


Areyna, I mean Tinkerbell, missing a nap and being very 
content watching the rain while writing in her journal.

Areyna is now 4 years, 1 month and 2 weeks old and I think she is to the point of no more naps.  Before she was taking a nap consistently for a week or so at a time and then missing 3 in 1 week.  Just very inconsistent.  But this week I've noticed that the days where she did get a nap were the days that it took her a ridiculously LONG amount of time to fall asleep at night.  Which makes for not-so-fun mornings on school or church days!

I have really enjoyed my napping days!  My "me time".  My get-caught-up-on-anything-and-everything time.  My alone time.  I need that time a lot of days to relax and build my patience back up for the second half of the day.  I know it sounds selfish, I'm just being honest.  I don't feel ready for this next stage in life where I don't have that time anymore.  I'm not even sure what that looks like.  

Like in the picture above, Areyna is very content during this time, but she gets really chatty=)  She wants to tell me EVERYTHING!  I give her some "rest time" in her room to play by herself for a little bit but on the days when I have a lot to get done for the ministry, or violin lessons to give I am just not sure what to do.

What do you do with your kids during this time?  I'd love some simple ideas.  I've thought about incorporating a little "school" into the afternoons with her.  Any suggestions?
Post a Comment