Sunday, April 5, 2009

Asheville And Back

Well this morning started at an insanely hour!  We got up at 4:30am to get ready for Northview Church in Asheville, NC.  (It was a 2 hour drive so I had my coupons for the week cut AND sorted BEFORE 8am!) It was our first time to be with the church but Josh and I felt a sweet connection with the Pastor and his people.  

After lunch with the Pastor and his sweet family we headed a few miles up the road to see one of my best friends from college.  She just had her 3rd baby (as in, he was 5 days old!).  I hadn't seen my friend since right after Josh and I were married and it was SO good to see her!

After a couple of hours meeting her family for the first time we piled back in the car to make our trek back home.  We made it home around 7:30 tonight.  We just got the kids in bed after letting them run wild outside for awhile and getting some dinner.

Now, I'm gonna sit my bootie on the couch with my man and do NOTHING until bed time=)

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Hey girl. I am sooooo sorry I missed you guys. I was really bummed that I had to work yesterday. I hope you guys enjoyed your Asheville visit. Stephen really enjoyed it. Thanks for letting him play with you guys. I really miss those times...I hope you guys are getting rested from your busy day yesterday. If you ever come back to the area, I would love to see you!

Jennifer Hambrick said...

I was with you with the bootie sitting on the couch last night =)