Friday, February 6, 2009

I'm Trying


I've heard so many moms say "I was the healthiest when I was pregnant".  I'm just NOT that mom.  As hard as I try I just cannot acquire a taste for the "good stuff", especially during the first trimester.

This pregnancy has been, by far, the worst EVER!  I had a few cravings with the other pregnancies and food that definitely sounded good, but this pregnancy I seem to move from craving to craving with no relief!  The list just keeps going and going:  steak, cheeseburger, snickers, subway, french fries, snickers, milkshakes, popsicles, french fries, snickers, frozen pizzas, slushies, extra crunchy salty chips, etc.  Did I mention french fries and snickers?!

When I finally went to the store this week I tried so hard not to give into my cravings and only buy snacks that I thought I could handle while being somewhat nutritious, like dried fruit trail mixes and frozen real-fruit popsicles.  Okay, so I gave in and bought a frozen pizza too=)

I think the main thing for me are the smells!  I've always gotten the sensitive smell issue before but this time I tend to gag over just about everything.  The smell of cooked chicken just about did me in last night...

So, I have let it go and just had realize that this is a season and it will not last forever while I just pray that I don't gain 100 pounds during this "season".=)

7 comments:

Kelly Via said...

I don't think I ate anything green (keeping it down) for the first 16 weeks. You just have to eat what you can eat... and remember its only for a season. Now I can eat many good for me foods (@18 weeks). You are doing FINE Tasha!! For me, if i tried to 'trick' my body and eat things other than what I 'craved' I would get sick...so be careful not to make yourself sick!!

Benson's 'outdoor dog' smell has been has been so terrible for me this time!!

Rita said...

Oh, the smell thing!! GROSSSSS!!!! I'm with you, Tasha. I eat junk food alll the tiiiime! But I've been so sick, I've still lost 9 lbs. (Not the healthiest way to lose weight, I'm aware. Not the funnest, either!)

I'm at 11 weeks now, so hopefully just a couple more weeks until I'm out of the sicky stage. How many weeks are you at?

Anonymous said...

Been there!!! I was soooo sensitive to smells with my first, and needless to say, it has carried over! I still hate the way steamed carrots smell! You are so tiny, eat all the stuff you want!!

sheltonfamily said...

bummer....i have to say I had big cravings this time, but this pregnancy has been the easiest for me besides the fibroid issue which was only a week. I think I threw up enough with the girls to cover baby girl #3!!! I hope you feel better... and i've learned to just enjoy the cravings !!!

Jenifer said...

I was very blessed with all my pregnancies and didn't have to endure any sickness. I did however have unusual cravings:

my 1st- chocolate milk

my 2nd- bbq pork skins, mr. pib, and raw veggies at the same time :)- and every day I might add

my third- sausage gravy and biscuits and potato soup

Enjoy having an reason to eat what you want! :)

Anonymous said...

Yay, Tasha, you're pregnant!!! I've been out of the blogging world for a few months now, so I am just catching up. Glad to hear the news! Hope you're doing well...I look forward to reading your blog again! When are you due?

Anonymous said...

I don't think I realized you were pregnant! How exciting. Don't worry bout the pound...breastfeeding is forgiving.