Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Every Time

Do you have those things, those toys, in your house that just take up space?  Well we do, and I can't stand extra "stuff".  So, periodically I'll rummage through the kids things and find the toys that they rarely, IF EVER, play with.  

My little Areyna is too smart for this though.  I am 0 for 5 in this little charade.  For example, YESTERDAY I threw away Tissue's house.  It is the box that she came in.  Areyna played with the box all of 2 days, so after a week or so of just moving the box around the house I stuck it in the closet.  It had been in there for WEEKS!!

So, TODAY Areyna and I were just hanging out and chowing down on some gold fish and Areyna randomly stops mid-sentence and asks "Mommy, where is Tissue's house?"  YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!?!?  She even asked if it was in the closet...

So, fess up.  Do you secretly go through your kids things and get rid of stuff like that and if you do, do you get away with it or do you have a kid like mine who knows where EVERYTHING is, or at least SHOULD be?

6 comments:

Emily Jennings said...

Oh I totally do! ANd my kids always know. Its crazy! But I just tell them, sorry, you didn't play with it. Or its put up right now. (I put things in boxes and put them up to switch out.) Its a vicious cycle

Anonymous said...

oooooohhhhhhhh yeaahhhhhh!!

My hubby is an addict of PURGING.

It's therapeautic!!

Joy said...

I tell Elaina that we're going to go through toys and throw away the broken ones and give ones she doesn't want to kids who don't have toys. It teaches her community service and servitude. She actually likes picking out stuff to get rid of!

I was just thinking today that it's time to purge (stealing Candy's word). I've started buying Christmas and it makes me want to get rid of the old!

Joan said...

Oh this is hilarious ! YES - My son he is a pack rat. He plays with the craziest stuff. When we order pizza He asks for the white tables to play with, he loves monster trucks so he likes to keep the paper backing to the box. Or just papers that caught his attention.

When I clean his room, I find them smashed up ripped and I secretly thrown them away, yet has he questions it.. Perhaps because he usually gets a new truck or finds some other trash before he has time to notice it i gone =)

Let me tell you, I am glad to hear there are other kids that do this, I was starting to think he was strange lol

Michaelle said...

Yes I do! But, the problem is this: If I try to do it when Monkey is around, all of sudden, it is his favorite toy, even if he hasn't played with it for two years. I have to be very slick with it.

the burchard bunch said...

oh girl~when my sister had the kiddos in Florida for the month of June, I threw out 4 black garbage bags FULL of junk from their playroom and bedrooms!! As for boxes and such... as soon as a cereal or poptart box goes in the trash, Abby pulls it out and makes a chinese restaurant for her "Littlest Pet Shops"!!! It's a never ending battle:)