Monday, September 8, 2008

Daddy Dates #2

Road Trip To Build-A-Bear

Josh has been talking about taking Areyna to Build-A-Bear before we even started daddy dates so we thought this would be perfect.  But then I read about THIS FREE activity at Wal-Mart and thought, "even better"!!!  Well, Josh drove FOREVER to get to the Wal-Mart hosting this activity and they didn't have a clue what he was talking about.  Don't worry we had a back-up plan=)  My friend Melissa had sent us THIS LINK for a coupon (don't worry, they said they'd take expired coupons) for Build-A-Bear so they hopped back in the car in search of Build-A Bear.  


Rainy and Josh on their now greatly anticipated Daddy Date
At Burger King between stops
A short stop to talk to the pretty flowers outside the mall
Building her bear
Loving her new best friend "Tissue"

Areyna named her new bear "Tissue".  Yes, I wrote that correctly=)  She couldn't stop talking about her day.  Later that night when we were hanging out together she cuddled up next to Josh and said, "Dad, you and me are best friends."

You can see a cute video about their adventure on Josh's blog=)

4 comments:

Jennifer Hambrick said...

How sweet. Maybe Tissue and Guacamole can be best friends too =) Where do they come up with their names?

Kelly Via said...

Awe, I love it!! How often are daddy dates in your house...every week? Looks like a great time for both Fro and Areyna!

Anonymous said...

ya know- this is such a HUGE thing to do ..... and I have never been. It seems really sweet...especially the way your little girl looks so happy.

awwww.

Memoris with DAddy;-)

Joy said...

Ha ha ha! One time I saw this stuffed cat at a craft store (like the ones you make into dolls and dress up) and I begged my mom for it. I named the cat "Dial". As in Dial Soap. ??? I don't know why!!! But I still have Dial.

D needs to do Daddy Dates.!!!